Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekly Posts

It looks like I'll be resigned to weekly posts for the time being. 

The right leg continues to heal, though progress is very slow.  You know, the doctor original said "months" to heal, but since there was no break, I thought he was exaggerating a bit.  Apparently not.

And the sore left arm may be more seriously hurt than first anticipated. 

The doctor is concerned with the severe limitations of movement - well, I mean pain-free movement.  There isn't much motion in my left arm.  He thinks I may have actually torn a muscle.  Can you believe it?  I've heard of muscles being pulled, but torn?  So, I am tapping the keyboard, one key at a time, with my right hand.  Everything is off limits for the left - everything.  I have to be scheduled for Dopplar (?) imaging of the arm.  And then they "take it from there."  Fantastic.

Honestly, I am OVER being incapacitated already.  I'm down to one leg and one arm, for Pete's sake.  All over a silly little patch of black ice.

Anyway, I did well last week, but admit over-doing the calories at the Superbowl viewing, which put me over for the day by almost 200 calories.  Still, I didn't go crazy or anything like that, but I deviated from the plan for the first time.  It is back on track today though.  And I am a happy camper, because my beloved Green Bay Packers won the Superbowl!  Yay, Green Bay!! 

I didn't enjoy the first half very much, though we were way ahead.  Let's face it, football games are always more fun when they are close in scoring.  The Steelers finally decided to enter the game in the third quarter, and then things got interesting!  I was happy with the final result, and my Steeler fan friends kept their dignity.

Next week is hubby's second surgery.  I'm going to try to put off my arm stuff until after his post-surgery follow-ups.  I don't want one to interfere with the other. 

Well, time to catch up on emails and blogland posting!  Comments will be limited, obviously, because of my one-finger one-hand typing method.  You would not believe how long it took, just to write this!!  And, I can only use one crutch - can't do anything with the left arm, remember, so mobility is still an issue.  I can, thankfully, one-crutch it over to the computer now.  I couldn't do that two days ago!  Progress!!

STAY on plan, Everyone!  This is only early February, but spring will be upon us in no time.  Don't go chocolate crazy over Valentine's Day or anything.  Hey, I didn't even have a slice of cheddar during a Packer Superbowl game!  If I can do this ... yada, yada, yada ...

Stay healthy!

40 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're able to write a post. I worry about you. And you stay healthy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black ice isn't so silly - it kills!
    One of my fave patients is a quad from a car wreck on black ice.

    And a tear for you is worse than a break!
    Healing is slow. How much protein are you getting?
    Enough to mend, I trust.

    Ann, you are spot on! Good job. Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Type a series of common "comment support" phrases and put them in a WordPad and you can cut and paste a lot. :)

    I'm so sorry the healing is slow....will pray. Ice is dangerous. Now we see why. I used to slip a lot as a kid, but beign a kid, you're kinda more flexible or something. But for adults...not so great.

    And I'm so glad you checked in!!! Weekly check ins are fine. Just so we know you're progressing fine. Miss you loads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "hugs" i really hope your feeling better soon!! I can't believe how much you've had to suffer because of this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate your concern as I am concerned about you. You're such a positive person, I know you'll get through this and still get lighter.

    ~Sheilah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you and your family the best of luck! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering yesterday how you were doing. Slow, huh? Hopefully every day is a day closer to HEALTH for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear that there may be more to your arm injury. This is a hard time for you, Ann, but you will get through it. You stay strong, too!

    BTW: I am a huge Vikings fan, but I was cheering for the Packers. Very happy to see them with the SB.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You need to heal immediately! I miss you in the blogosphere =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry you still aren't doing well. Hang in there and hopefully you will start to heal soon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I feel SO bad for you! Keep going and feel better!!! No chocolates here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you O.K?? Worried about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um...you have to be better by now, right? So, come on, check in!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey there, stranger - long time, no update. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's been a MONTH, babe. Waiting to hear from you. Come back!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just wondering how you are, wanting to read your next post
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  17. You doing ok?? Miss reading your posts. Looking forward to hearing from ya.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey! Post! come on! What happened to WEEKLY???? Don't make me get all hot Latin Temper Princess up in your face. :D

    Really, though...post, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there friend! I'm concerned about you. I can only assume since we haven't heard from you in so long that things may not be going so well. I sure hope I'm wrong about that.

    Listen, no matter what, it's never to late to start again. Just take that first step. We all hit those bumps in the road. I know I sure have. The important thing is to never give up!

    Please let us know how you're doing. We really do care about you...really!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ann,

    Like everyone else, I am concerned and have been checking for you frequently. My fear is that something has happened with your dad. That, combined with your accident, may have been more than you were able to cope with and it sent your healthy eating journey down a backseat path. Believe me, I can identify. Between losing my FIL last August and being sick all of Jan and Feb, it has been a tough, tough road.

    You were such a support to me last fall. If there is anything at all that I can do, I will. This community does care and we'd like to give back to you just a small portion of what you've given so freely to us since you began your blog.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just a word to let us know you're okay? Please? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been thinking about you too. Hope everything is going well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Ann.... been thinking about you. Hope everything is okay!! Keeping you in my prayers!

    God bless
    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  24. "hugs" I hope everything is o.k!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Ann, My thoughts and prayers are with you!! Get well soon!!

    We miss you!!!

    Sending hugs your way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I miss you, Ann! Hope all is going ok for you!
    I've been thinking about you alot lately and am looking forward to seeing some action again. You have been an encouragement to alot of us and I'd like to be that for you!
    Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hope you're Ok...would love to read a post, wherever you are at
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Ann... Thinking about you girl. HOpe to hear from you soon!! :)

    God bless!!
    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  29. I hope you are doing okay. I am thinking about you. Michele

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thinking of you - hope all is well. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  31. Still hoping to see you back on the blog. Come on, let us hear from ya!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You've been missing, where did you go?

    You have an award on my blog!
    http://bloggestloserweightloss.blogspot.com/2011/04/bloggest-loser-weight-journey-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. I gave you an award:

    http://beyondwillpower.blogspot.com/2011/05/stylish-blogger-award-thanks-faith.html

    ReplyDelete
  34. Checking in, saying hi!
    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  35. ANN, ANN, AAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!! Please, I'm begging ya, check in. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    With a cherry on top!

    I saw an Ann in A's P6 and thought maybe it was you. Whether it is or not, please, please let us know how you are!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Well, I miss ya still. It's time to say adios, I guess. Bye, A. I hope that life is treating you well. If you return, drop me a line at my blog.K?

    ReplyDelete
  37. Okay, so I lied. I checked in again. It's now MORE THAN A YEAR since you last checked in. Please consider even a brief update so we know you're okay, healed up, etc. Come on. COME ON!!!

    :)

    Happy Palm Sunday~

    ReplyDelete
  38. Nearly TWO YEARS. Can't you check in and let us know you're alive out there? Well, drop by my blog and let me know one day how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete