Thank you to Michele who awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award (see the Award & Reward tab). No one has ever accused me of being stylish before, so this was a real treat! The rules for this are:
1. Post and link back to the person who awarded this to me (that would be Michele, as mentioned/linked above).
2. Share 7 things about myself.
3. Pass on the love, by awarding 15 other worthy bloggers this honor (or as many as I can). And,
4. Contact the award recipients to let them know of the award!
So, here are seven things about myself -
1. I am the only one in my family to hold a college degree. I worked my way through college on my own, and graduated with zero debt. However, I can never mention anything about that experience or education, because several family members are sensitive about the subject of advanced education - therefore, I've never said a word to the family that referenced anything to do with college, since graduating decades ago.
2. I make it a point to reread Dr. King's letter from the Birmingham jail (1963) every MLK Day. It is intelligent, insightful, thought-provoking, and could apply to many situations, not limited to Civil Rights alone. It applies to everyone, no matter their creed or color. He wrote, just in part, "... We know through painful experience that freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor, it must be demanded by the oppressed. ... there are two types of laws: just and unjust. I would be the first to advocate obeying just laws. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. ... A just law is a man-made code that squares with the moral law or the law of God. An unjust law is a code that is out of harmony with the moral law. ... Any law that uplifts human personality is just. Any law that degrades human personality is unjust. ..." Amen, Dr. King!
3. I want the Packers to win over the Bears, and think a Packers-Steelers Superbowl showdown would be the most entertaining and well-matched game, of the remaining playoff teams. That said, I was absolutely impressed with the Jets yesterday, and am in awe of their defense coverage. Where did that come from?!! (Can you tell I'm a football fan?)
4. Shellfish is highly toxic to my body, and shrimp in particular. I carry an EpiPen in case of emergency.
5. I am in need of a haircut, and plan to get my long locks chopped to shoulder-length before next weekend.
6. My favorite piece of furniture at home is a small reproduction bookcase by Althorp.
7. I would like to visit Philadelphia and New York City one day. I've not been to either place.
The remaining rules (3 & 4) require more thought. I rarely get around to those tasks, to be honest. It isn't that there aren't a multitude of deserving blogs. I just find it daunting to hunt down bloggers who haven't yet received the award in question, and then when I do, I worry that I'm putting some sort of obligation on them that they may not want. So, I'll do what I usually do. I'll "get around to it" - or not. Things are a bit busy these days, but I will try. When you get to big numbers - like 15 - it gets very difficult to pass it on to someone who hasn't had it yet. And maybe that is the point? Well, if you are stylish, and haven't had the award yet, drop me a note!!
Thanks again, Michele. xxox
More on other topics later (maybe). Time is slipping away from me today, and I need to tend to Dad, once he is up from his nap.