Saturday, August 14, 2010

My Current Favorite Snacks or Quick-Foods

My current favorite snacks or easy/quick foods (keeping in mind I'm avoiding unnecessary fats as part of my diet):

Guiltless Gourmet Blue Corn Chips w/Tostito Salsa (the chips are baked, so low in fat)

Old Fashioned Oatmeal with a drizzle of Raspberry Agave Nectar (has low glycemic index for a sweetener, so gentle on blood sugar spikes - a little goes a LONG way)

Taco Bell's bean burrito - HOLD THE CHEESE, PLEASE - topped with a mound of Tostito Salsa (mild or medium)

Fresh fruit - sometimes simple apple slices are enough to satisfy my sweet tooth, but any fresh fruit in season. Peaches and strawberries are abundant right now - yum!

And for something a little more special, I tried a strawberry pie that Christina Pirello made on a recent show. Who knew it could be so good?! (Crust = pureed figs w/a little water, and added ground almonds ... that's it ... no baking at all, just refrigeration.) I liked the strawberry/fig/almond combo. It felt sinful, simply because it was almost too good-tasting to be healthy!

And my favorite to satisfy any random chocolate craving that may try to derail me ...

A banana-chocolate smoothie, made from (light) chocolate soy milk, ice, and a fresh banana. It takes two minutes, and tastes like a decadent chocolate shake. It is wonderful!

Do YOU have favorites (for your particular eating plan)? Share!!

2 comments:

  1. That smoothie sounds great! Chocolate and banana is such a great flavor combination. I like to make a sweet treat from the Biggest Loser family cookbook: take half a fat-free graham cracker, spread on a little peanut butter, add some fat-free Cool Whip, top it off with the other half of the graham cracker, and freeze. Sometimes I slice up bananas real small and put them between the PB and the Cool Whip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that sounds good! I didn't even know that graham crackers were fat-free. I learned something new today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete