Thursday, August 19, 2010

Resolve To Do Better

I need to remember - sometimes NOT taking an action is an action too.

And I have to own that. It is a choice, though not necessarily a good choice.

I didn't fit in any exercise on Wednesday, not even the 10 minutes I promised myself for the August-only challenge. I failed myself.

There are really no valid excuses for not putting my health first on the priority list. I can give a lot of reasons, but they'd only be justifications or rationalizations.

If one of my blog goals is to make myself accountable, then I have to face equally the negative and the positive. I don't need to beat myself up over this, but I do need to own it. And negative experiences are a waste if we don't at least learn from them. They can, in fact, be the greatest of teachers.

So, what have I learned? This is my responsibility, and I let myself down (and those who love me and count on me being here a good, long time). I learned I haven't - yet - truly made myself a priority. No one can do this for me. It is all up to me.

The world is full of options, and my life is about the choices I make.

Today, I made a dozen really good choices for my health, to be sure, but I let myself down on something I really needed to do.

It isn't about perfection, but rather the resolve to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment