Sunday, September 5, 2010

Seven Things

As one of the recipients of the latest award (bottom of blog), I am to post seven things about me.

1. My favorite American painters are (deceased) Childe Hassam and (living) Loren DiBenedetto, who is best known for her still life pieces. [I love paintings and sculptures of all types though.]

2. In my (much) thinner days, I often enjoyed hang gliding. [Adventurous, hey?]

3. I've never been to NYC, but always wanted to go. [The last time I was booked to FINALLY visit NYC, planes were grounded due to the 9/11 attacks.]

4. I do not have pierced ears. [I'm adventurous, but not enough to want to add holes ...]

5. I'm a dog person, who happens to have a fondness for cats with personality. [No, I do not own a cat personally, but have friends and family who do, and I love 'em ... the friends and family too.] ha!

6. I've hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, and back out again, all in the same, long, day. [Again, I was in a normal weight range then - plus I had no clue what I was letting myself in for at the time ...]

7. Secretly, I hope one day a group of us can get together and enjoy a cruise somewhere, but know that is unlikely. [Still, fun to think about, meeting everyone over salads ... haha!!]

Now, I am supposed to think of ... 15 ??!! ... people to nominate for the award. Goodness, I don't know that I know 15, who haven't already received this. I'll have to research this for a few days.

Happy Labor Day (early) ...

3 comments:

  1. HI Anne, just found your blog and thought I'd say hello! I think about a fun cruise w/ friends too and I love dogs (and cats) as well. Best of luck in your journey!! :)

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... hang gliding, that is adventurous!

    Happy Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, Margene. I'll check out your blog too! A cruise would be fun ... which reminds me, I need to renew my passport this year. Oops ... my birthday is later this month!

    Hi Patrick. Hang gliding is much easier than people think, and a LOT of fun - probably the closest we can get to a true sensation of what birds experience. If you ever want to give it a try, I'll recommend a great hang gliding school. They'll have you up in the air right away. Kids (teens) really love to try it out too. Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete