Looking forward, I set my next mini-goal at 230 lbs., which means I'll be focusing on losing the next 17 lbs.
There is no particular reason for picking that weight as my next goal. I wanted something other than a 30-lb target (this time), just to make it interesting, and 230 is a nice round number. The last time I weighed 230 was in 1990 - two decades ago.
I received two awards, both of which can be found on my "Awards and Rewards" tab.
The first is "Cherry On Top" from a new follower, Kati - Thanks, Kati !!
The second is "Honest Scrap" from one of my favorite bloggers, Katie - Thanks, Katie !!
Honest Scrap includes a requirement to share 10 honest things about myself and pass it on. So here it goes:
1. I admire people with artistic talents.
2. I'm afraid I am going to lose another parent in 2011, realistically, but I try not to think about it, so I put on an optimistic front while praying for the best.
3. I have absolute confidence I will (finally) succeed at reaching my goal weight. That is, as long as I can avoid bus paths and meteorites.
4. I cry near the conclusion of Born Free.
5. I procrastinate more than I should.
6. I give everyone the benefit of a doubt, and I feel hurt when they don't reciprocate in kind.
7. I unabashedly love dogs.
8. I am not too crazy about flying these days, if my only choices are to have naked pictures taken of me, or be groped by strangers. I understand the need for security in the air, I do, but there isn't a better way? Seriously? Of course, I've been asking myself the same questions over mam'grams. Seriously, there isn't a better way? I don't see men's testicles put into vice grips. Hey, we put men on the moon, people.
9. My eyes now need readers. I know I should go and have them examined, but I'm putting it off, with the intention of going sometime in April.
10. I enjoy beaches, sunsets, warm rain, breezy summer days, still starry evenings, the scent of lilacs and the beauty of peonies, enthusiastic puppies, comfortable armchairs, good music, and even James Bond flicks. (Cue the music. You know the tune ...)
I'm to pass the Honest Scrap award along to someone. While there are MANY worthy bloggers, I'm giving it to Sheilah (aka Mensa), and to Princess Dieter ... both for being so open and honest in sharing their weight loss journeys - and taking responsibility, rather than making excuses or rationalizations! They are wonderful, and if you haven't visited their blogs, do so. You'll see it all, the good, bad and in-between!
Things I've noticed today, just mentioning to record here in my journal for possible future reference. Look away for a minute:
My middle torso, which has always been firm (fat, but firm) is now squishy, like a soft pillow. What's with that?? Should that be happening? I've never (even in thin days) had a squishy torso.
My upper arms ... let's just say, flying squirrels have nothing on me. Guess it wasn't all muscle. Umpf. (Yes, I know it wasn't really muscle, sadly.) No surprises there. But here was one today ...
Can inner thighs sag? I'm watching that, because it looks like it may want to, and that would be SO not cool.
I'm hoping the skin recovers, much like lungs do, after someone quits smoking.
I'm weighing in tomorrow, but won't post until I hit (or pass) that magic mini-goal number: 247 lbs.!!
Stay strong and follow your path ...