I awoke this morning to day 100 of my diet journey! I decided to shake things up a little bit, and do a "reverse day." I'm eating my biggest meal at breakfast, and will eat lighter meals as the day progresses. So, in a manner of speaking, it is a sort of celebration involving food, but instead of eating unhealthy things, I'm just doing a reverse day.
Rather than bore everyone with every morsel I eat during the course of any given day, I'm just going to post my DDDY calories/water at the bottom of my daily post. I'll update the figures as the day goes on, or by day's end.
Now that I am super-fueled for my 100th day, I decided I'd post in this journal the 100 ways I have benefitted from eating healthier, in no particular order.
1. I weigh nearly 60 lbs less than I did last December.
2. I have more energy.
3. I can bend/twist more easily.
4. My clothes fit better.
5. My cholesterol numbers now rock!
6. My blood sugar levels have plummeted.
7. NO MORE CHOLESTEROL MEDICATION!
8. My jawline has reemerged.
9. My cheekbones are no longer hidden.
10. Blog buddies!!
11. I sleep better.
12. There is plenty of room between my tummy and the steering wheel.
13. My doctor didn't lecture me on this last visit and, in fact, was stunned.
14. I no longer "evaluate" whether I can fit into restaurant booths. I no longer fear them.
15. I've learned to love vegetables!
16. Regular bowel movements.
17. My joints don't ache nearly as much as they used to.
18. I breathe more easily when exerting myself.
19. Hey, I actually exert myself!
20. My neck is shrinking, so necklaces and turtlenecks fit better.
21. I am stronger.
22. There is a good inch between my thighs and the arms of my office chair.
23. My ring is comfortable, no longer in danger of cutting off my circulation.
24. I get to wear clothes from the recesses of my closet that I haven't worn in years.
25. New bras!
26. Increased stamina.
27. The seat belt is no longer a torture device.
28. I find myself doing more, missing out less.
29. The dental chair suddenly seems much more comfortable.
30. The compiments!
31. My ankles and feet no longer swell.
32. Bracelets and my wristwatch actually fit now.
33. Mini-goal awards. (i.e., My Ralph Lauren Zoe Loafers)
34. My kneecaps have reemerged!! I love this one!
35. It is so much easier to shave now.
36. I can finally tie my shoes easily.
37. I can give myself a pedicure.
38. My shoulders have shape again!
39. I have a waist now.
40. I take stairs more easily.
41. No more back roll.
42. I feel much more rested.
43. Improved concentration.
44. I no longer obsess over food.
45. My skin tone has actually improved.
46. My gait is no longer "waddle" ...
47. I can stand for longer periods of time without my legs complaining.
48. And I can semi-cross my legs now!
49. It is easier to get up out of a chair.
50. And I don't worry about sitting in those outdoor folding chairs anymore.
51. New (smaller) clothes.
52. I make smarter restaurant choices because I want to!!
53. I've learned to appreciate water's benefits.
54. My refrigerator looks much more colorful inside.
55. I can finally buy a mini-trampoline, 'cuz I'm within weight tolerances.
56. I can put both armrests down at the movie theatre, and the seat is roomy.
57. Regular public bathroom stalls have suddenly become larger. (odd)
58. My extra chins are disappearing.
59. Less of my legs are rubbing together when I walk.
60. I've rediscovered my ankles! (So long, Kankles ...)
61. And my calves are taking shape again.
62. I can pick up something I drop, without figuring how to negotiate that now.
63. My favorite chair no longer creaks when I sit in it.
64. I am not as physically uncomfortable.
65. I love the look of surprise, on the faces of people who haven't seen me in a while.
66. My vision has improved.
67. My hands no longer look pudgy.
68. I've already added years back to my life!
69. No more trunk ledge.
70. My husband's arms fit all the way around me now, when he hugs me!
71. My fav jacket can now be buttoned, for the 1st time in 10 years.
72. I get to go winter coat shopping, because my current one no longer fits me.
73. If anything, my morning chipper is chippier (much to my husband's dismay).
74. Bath towels fit around me again.
75. I can reach things on higher shelves than I used to (weird, I know)
76. Getting in and out of the car is so much easier.
77. And I no longer dread those tiny bucket seats we sometimes get in car rentals.
78. New swimsuit!
79. No more back aches.
80. Better bladder control.
81. I'm doing a LOT more cooking at home - I've rediscovered my fondness for it.
82. Stronger self-esteem (not that mine was ever lacking ... lol)
83. Bigger range of motion in my limbs.
84. I'm saving money (smaller clothes cost less, as does eating home more often).
85. I can sit on the floor now & get up without aid, helpful during Christmas festivities.
86. I can squeeze into the tiny backseat in my BIL's van, so the kids are thrilled at least.
87. I rarely get headaches anymore.
88. If an emergency came up, I could fit into a regular-sized wheelchair now.
89. My husband & I can now squeeze past each other, at the narrow part of the furniture placement.
90. I'm apparently driving a female relative insane with jealousy & I'm okay with that particular one.
91. Improved balance.
92. Increased cardiovascular health
93. I'm taken much more seriously now. (This is good, but also irritating ...)
94. I'm thrilled to see my old hourglass figure starting to return!
95. Improved service (I get a LOT more attention now, so I'm not invisible anymore)
96. I fit into a standard PFD again, when we go out boating.
97. I don't have to sit inside, when outdoor cafes use those little white plastic chairs.
98. No more button pull-gaps in my blouses.
99. Improved reflexes.
100. So many more options and opportunities are open to me now. My weight is not as limiting.
DDDY 4 (Updated throughout the day/evening):
Water (of 8): 10.5