Patrick (blog: Responsibility 199) posted some survey questions today. Here are my answers:
1. What was your highest weight, what do you weigh right now and what is your goal weight?
My highest official weight was 327 pounds, by my doctor's scale, on 12/09
(It was 330 lbs at my highest "at home" weigh-in). Right now, I weigh 274 lbs (as of Monday). My goal weight is 145 lbs.
2. What is your #1 motivation for losing weight?
Improved health and (hopefully) longevity.
3. Have you always been overweight?
No, I was actually an ultra-thin child/teen/young adult. I started putting on a little weight in college, enough so I didn't have to by "slim" and take them in anymore. I was probably closer to normal weight around that time, but I REALLY put on weight after taking a desk job after graduation. I never changed my eating habits from my youth - the days when my metabolism was so high, I could (literally) eat anything and everything and still not gain weight. That doesn't happen as we age though ... things change.
Oh boy, do they change.
4. When you want to give up what inspires you to keep going?
Remembering my past failures, and where quitting has gotten me ... and, of course, my "died too young" close relatives. I also get inspiration from my fellow bloggers and their success.
5. What is the #1 thing you look forward to when you hit your goal weight?
My ultimate reward is a trip abroad, where I won't have to sweat the plane seats. I look forward to that, but mostly I look forward to feeling the way I used to feel - the way I should feel. NO MORE hot, tired, lethargic out-of-shape summers for this gal ...
6. Do you have support on your weight loss journey?
Yes, and no. One female relative is bitter, actually. No support there whatsoever. Mostly everyone else has been wonderful! I especially appreciate all the blogger community support.
7. What is your favorite exercise?
There is a "favorite" category in exercise?!! Um ... breathing.
No wait, walking ... yes, walking.
8. What is the most important thing you have learned on your weight loss journey?
So far, I would say it is all about the little choices. Little decisions really do add up.
9. What is one thing you have given up that you miss the most?
Cheese, glorious cheese. I love cheese. Chese, cheese, cheese. Queso too.
10. What is your strategy for losing weight?
I stick with my dietary plan. I try my hardest to make one good choice after another. And I am always focusing on a goal. Motivation is important.
So, there you have it. If you are interested in answering these survey questions on your own blog site, feel free to do so!